- It settled conflicts, intra descent conflicts and you may conflicts between natal villages and communities during the which they have been hitched.
- They performed rites, traditions, and sacrifices with the community, for instance the last absolution rites for new brides. At the time concerned, the fresh new fiance-to-be perform admit most of the their wrong doings to your otu umuada who does then cleanse their unique.
- New otu umuada plus performed purification rituals having descent house and you may other places that were noticed polluted, so that the gods or goddesses won’t leash out the wrath into someone, but instead, give them great health, bounty and you will offspring.
- Brand new otu umuada read confessions out-of adulterous wives and you can did filtration rituals in their mind.
She was the brand new spouse who was hitched longest in the neighborhood
Their frontrunner, anasi, is actually the quintessential elder spouse locally. The new anasi is actually this new typical whereby the ladies you certainly will sound the issues and protect their welfare just like the spouses, moms and dads, producers, and dealers.
- It helped origin wives in times out-of stress and you can illness.
- They heard and you can pronounced punishments during the cases connected with husbands which mistreated its wives.
- It made certain that the town load and market place is actually clean.
- It made choices involving the planting and you will picking out of plants.
- They grabbed proper care of animals which had shed their harvest.
Sometimes on the life of the community, brand new otu umuada and you may otu inyomdi arrived together with her because women’s set up to talk about issues that affected them since ladies in the brand new society.
She made certain field taboos was indeed observed, and detained wrongdoers and you will lead her or him before the omu legal
Years grades had been sets of feminine out-of same decades, who came together with her so you can promote bonuses towards ambition and you will efforts. It did religious, societal and you can governmental features inside community; provided degree to own teenagers in-group lifestyle; and you may given avenues having socializing and you can company that have been very helpful and you can integrative factors inside area. In the Igboland, solitary origin daughters shaped themselves towards various ogbo contacts. Included in this was the brand new okpo ntu in addition to their commitments included clean and maintaining the latest town 17 Jahre Altersunterschied latrines and you may rubbish dumps; doing public work attributes such as household strengthening and you can associated employment; and you will, putting themselves to your dancing teams, and this provided discussion boards where girls you will definitely make strong and you will long-term dating with other girls regarding class.
During the Igboland updates try reached, maybe not ascribed and an effective female’s condition try dependent on her own victory, perhaps not the ones from their partner. Igbo women you certainly will boost their social status by taking headings. These titles incorporated this new ikenga, inachi and you may inwene. Called female was indeed accorded lots of regard and people who showed frontrunners capabilities you are going to have a tendency to keep political work environment.
The new omu along with her cabinet out of entitled women councilors, ilogu, have been charged with take care of the female part of the society. The market put are the brand new Igbo woman’s website name. It was kept the five months. The brand new omu and her case oversaw the market industry and you may defined their regulations. The brand new omu and her case repaired the prices away from sector merchandise and outlined industry prohibitions. They acted given that a courtroom about judging of instances and you may persecuting out of wrong doers. The fresh omu appointed an authorities lady called the awo. Brand new awo followed the brand new repaired speed guidelines in the areas. Business taboos incorporated, zero fighting in the market, hand develop must not to be released when you look at the bunches, however, split up basic; and you will and finally, peppers can be boiled first just before offered.
In the precolonial day and age, Western African female achieved with her so you’re able to vocalize its attitude regarding products you to definitely inspired her or him. These types of appointment basis and served as assistance communities that women you’ll depend upon to precise abuse of unpleasant men.